Cryptocurrency wallets are a cornerstone of Web3, giving you full control over your funds. Aleph Zero offers its own native web wallet as well as collaborates with several third-party wallet providers
Please note that many functionalities of the web wallet require having at least one account with some funds present in the Accounts tab. Otherwise, some tabs and menus will be inaccessible or invisible.
Please note that an account on the blockchain is not the same thing as the wallet used to create it. An account is an entry in the public database (the blockchain) that stores information about funds, transactions, staking etc. A wallet is a tool that stores a private key (mnemonic seed phrase) to an account and allows interacting with it. In particular, the same account can be accessed by multiple wallets, as long as the same mnemonic seed is used. So if you already have an account created with some other wallet and you would like to start using the web wallet, there's no need to create a fresh account and transfer all your coins to it. All you need to do is to import your existing account into azero.dev, as described below.
To create a new account, please:
- 2.Click on Add Account.
- 3.You'll see your mnemonic seed. Save it in multiple secure locations to ensure you have access to your wallet.
- 4.Follow the on-screen instructions:
- 1.Set a local name for your account.
- 2.Choose a local password (it's only relevant for using this account via the azero.dev web wallet).
- 3.At the very last step, choose the correct location to save your backup .JSON files. They're an additional method of wallet recovery in case you'd lost your mnemonic seed phrase. Recovering your account via .JSON file requires entering the password you chose in the previous step.
To import an existing account using seed phrase, please:
- 2.Click on Add Account.
- 3.You'll see a random mnemonic seed. Replace it with the mnemonic seed of the account you wish to import
- 4.Follow the on-screen instructions (same as above)
To import an existing account using .JSON backup, please:
To remove your account from the web wallet, please:
- 2.Next to the account you would like to remove, click 3 dots and select Forget this account.
- 3.Please note that this action happens purely on the client side and does not interact with the blockchain. Your account (together with all funds, staked coins, etc.) will stay on the chain unchanged. It will be only removed from the local list on the Accounts tab. You can reimport it at any time using the procedures described above.
An alternative way to manage your accounts that are accessible via azero.dev web wallet is to use the Aleph Zero Signer extension maintained by the core team. It's a web browser extension that can store Aleph Zero blockchain accounts and allows using them from azero.dev wallet and other websites (Staking Dashboard, Contracts UI).
The process of creating, importing, or removing an account in the extension is very similar to the procedures described above. All you need to pay attention to is the mnemonic seed phrase associated with an account. Additionally, backup .JSON files created by the web wallet are compatible with the browser extension.
There are also a number of third-party wallets available in the Aleph Zero ecosystem:
Please note that the core team is not responsible for the development and maintenance of third-party wallets and cannot guarantee proper security measures.